Nothing is better than listening to your favorite song at the end of a bad day. Research shows how listening to music can release dopamine hormones inside a human brain, hence making you feel better after listening to music. But at such a position what if your AirPods stops working? How harsh isnâ€™t it? You keep trying to connect to listen to your favorite track and call the day off but you go through a lot more turmoil just trying to connect it. Relax now!, cause we have come up with ways how you can fix the issue of your AirPods not connecting within few minutes. So donâ€™t let your day become worse! Your favorite track is waiting for you!
How To Fix AirPods Not Connecting To iOS Issue?
We know you are eager to know the fixes to this problem, so we wonâ€™t make you wait further anymore and straight get into the step-by-step instructions for the issue of your Airpods not connecting.
1. Check the iOS Version
If your AirPods are not connecting with your iOS device and this is the first time you are trying to do it. There could be a high chance that the iOS version you are using is not compatible with your AirPods and vice versa. So to deal with that, you need to make sure you are using the right version of iOS.
If you use the first generation of AirPods, you need to use iOS 10 or further. And if youâ€™re using the second generation of AirPods, you need iOS 12.2 at least. If you donâ€™t know how to check the version of your iOS. We have sorted it out for you by adding the instructions below from which you can easily check the version.
- On your iOS device, open the Settings app.
- Go to General and click on Sofware update.
- Once you open the software update page, you will be able to see the version.
- And thatâ€™s it,Â you can now distinguish the iOS version with the generation of your Airpods.
2. Reset Your AirPods on iOS
If you have been using the AirPods for a long time and have never come across this issue anymore, you can try and troubleshoot your AirPods to know the root cause of the issue. We will tell you certain instructions about how you can troubleshoot your AirPods easily.
You just have to make sure your AirPods are fully charged before executing this action. Below we have mentioned the steps to troubleshoot, please read carefully to successfully troubleshoot your AirPods without any hassle
- Firstly, turn on your Bluetooth on your iOS device.
- Then, visit the “i” button on your Bluetooth settings page and hit “forget this device” on your AirPods.
- Once you do that, your AirPods will start appearing on your My Devices section.
- Now, put the AirPods back in the case and close the lid for about 3o seconds.
- After 30 seconds, open the lid and hold the setup button on the back of the case.
- After this procedure, connect your AirPods in the standard way.
- And youâ€™re done! This should help your AirPods to connect easily.
How To Fix AirPods Not Connecting To Mac Error?
If you are trying to connect your AirPods with your Mac. The steps are quite similar to what they are for other iOS devices mentioned in the article. Check your operating system compatibility as this could also be a possible cause for your Airpods not connecting to Mac.
1. Check macOS Compatibility
If you are using the first generation of AirPods, you need macOS Sierra or further to be able to connect, and if you are using the second generation of AirPods, you need macOS 10.14.4 and further for that. To check the current version of your macOS, follow the instructions below.
- Firstly, visit Apple Menu and choose System Preferences.
- Give a click on the Software Update button.
- If you see any new updates available, click on the Update Now button.
- And it should solve your problem.
- If the problem still exists, you will need to reset your AirPods.
2. Reset Your AirPods on Mac
If you are using a Mac and unaware of how to reset your AirPods for your Mac devices. Itâ€™s okay, we have got your back! Below we have mentioned detailed step-by-step instructions on how to reset your AirPods on your Mac. Observe and follow them carefully for a successful solution to your issue of AirPods not connecting.
- On your Mac, visit the device section on Bluetooth settings.
- Select your AirPods from the paired devices and click “remove“.
- Now, put the AirPods back in the case and close the lid for about 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, simply open the lid and hold the button on the back of the AirPods case.
- Now, reconnect with the AirPods with your Mac in the standard way.
- This procedure should solve your issue of AirPods not connecting.
And with the methods mentioned in the article, we really hope that we were able to help you with your issue of AirPods not connecting. Use these methods and let us know which of these methods worked out for you. If you have any queries regarding this article, comment below and let us know or visit support.apple.com/en-in/HT207974