Tired of looking for ways to allocate more RAM to Minecraft? Imagine how better Minecraft you can experience if you are able to do that! Stop dreaming, start doing! You can do that with few clicks of a button. It is damn easy, cause we have made it so for you! In this article, we are discussing how you can do that, in a few easy steps. There are several methods to do that, do let us know in the comment section which one you found to be the easiest or which one you found the most suitable.
How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft?
Before we get into the methods of how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft, you will need to make sure you have enough RAM to spare. Donâ€™t know how to figure that out? What else are we here for? Below we have mentioned the steps for you to find that out!
To know how much RAM your PC holds,
- Click on the Start button on your desktop.
- Now, visit Settings and click About.
- In the Device Specification section, find installed RAM.
- And besides, that will be the number.
It is important to let you know that Minecraft requires a minimum RAM of 2GB, and if you hold 4GB RAM, youâ€™re good to go!
1. Allocate RAM From Default Launcher
For this method, you need to go through the default Minecraft launcher. And for that, we have put down the detailed instructions below. Follow the instructions carefully as it gets kinda complex.
- You firstly, need to open Minecraft Launcher and choose the version you want to play.
- Now, Go to the Installations option from the tabs.
- You will now see a list of releases.
- There you will see the three-dotted menu.
- Click on it and then click Edit.
- Now, click on More Options and look for JVM Arguments.
- You will certain codes in the box starting with -Xmx2G.
- The digit you see in the end is the number of RAM Minecraft uses.
- You can change the number to whatever number you desire.
- Now, click the Save button.
- And you are done! You can now experience high performance on Minecraft.
2. Allocate RAM From The ATLauncher
You must be aware of ATLauncher if you have played games like SkyFactor or downloaded mods. It makes the entire process, even more, easier than before. If you donâ€™t know how to make this happen, we have explained the step-by-step instructions below to make this easier for you.
- First, launch the ATLauncher on your device.
- Then, look for the list of options and click Settings.
- You will now have to click on Java/Minecraft on top of your screen.
- Choose the Maximum Memory/RAM option from there.
- You can either type the number or out or scroll to the desired number.
- Now, click the Save button and youâ€™re done!
3. Allocate RAM Using The Twitch/Curse Launcher
Another way to play Minecraft mods or the regular version is to do with Twitch Launcher. If youâ€™re not sure how to do that, we have mentioned the instructions below. It is similar to what it is for ATLauncher. So you wonâ€™t have to face trouble with it. This is also one way to allocate more RAM to Minecraft.
- Open Twitch Launcher and click on the three-lines on the corner.
- Click on Files and go to Settings.
- Now, navigate to the Minecraft section from there.
- There, you will see a Java Settings section.
- Under that, find the Allocated Memory option and slide it to the digit as you desire.
- Now you can navigate back to mods and select the Minecraft option.
- And youâ€™re done! You can now enjoy a better Minecraft experience.
It is important to let you know that, using too much RAM can also result in the overall performance of Minecraft to be decreased. In most cases, the results are going to be positive though. You also need RAM for other areas of your device as well, so make sure you spare at least 1GB of RAM for other things to function while you are playing your Minecraft.
We hope that with the help of this article, you have got an idea of how you can allocate more RAM to Minecraft and you will be enjoying your Minecraft effortlessly. If you have any queries regarding this article, comment below and let us know.