Using Wi-Fi and doing the things you want to do can be a hassle at times. Especially when the range of your Wi-Fi is short. It can be infuriating and exasperating. Imagine, on a winter night when you wrap yourself with your blanket, ready to watch your favorite movie or web series and your internet doesnâ€™t work. Even if your phone or laptop receives some network it still doesnâ€™t give you the speed. What will you do then? Mesh Wi-Fi can be your solution. When it comes to mesh Wi-Fi, google Wi-Fi vs Amazonâ€™s Eero pro is one of the top discussions that people have. So which one is better?
Before discussing that, first letâ€™s understand what Wi-Fi and mesh Wi-Fi is. Itâ€™s important to know what a mesh Wi-Fi is before we can compare the two contenders and crown a champion of the Google Wi-Fi vs eero pro fight. So letâ€™s go and understand what Wi-Fi and mesh Wi-Fi is.
What is a Wi-Fi?
The word Wi-Fi is actually a short form of the word Wireless Fidelity, which is a common term used for referring to communication standards for wireless networks. Wi-Fi is a wireless communication technology that allows computers, smartphones, laptops, television, etc to connect to the internet or communicate with one another without using wires with the help of a wireless router.
It allows Local Area Networks (LANs) to work without wires and cables which makes it easier to use at the same time reducing mess created by wires. This, making it a popular option among the people.
Now letâ€™s talk about mesh Wi-Fi, letâ€™s go.
What is a Mesh Wi-Fi?
As the name Mesh itself mean a network made with intertwined wires or threads. Mesh Wi-Fi is also known as Whole Home Wi-Fi is a device that consists of a main router and nodes (device in the larger network). The main router is the device that connects directly to your modem, and nodes are placed around your house for full Wi-Fi coverage. They are all part of a single wireless network and share the same Service Set Identifier (SSID) and password.
What a Mesh Wi-Fi does is that it creates a Mesh Wi-Fi network by using two or more than two nodes. One node is connected to the internet modem while the rest of the nodes are placed in different parts of the house. This creates a rich wireless network and provides a network to every corner of the house.
Now letâ€™s jump on the crux of todayâ€™s discussion. Letâ€™s talk about Google Wi-Fi Vs Amazonâ€™s eero pro, and discuss which one is better. Letâ€™s go.
Google Wi-Fi Vs Amazonâ€™s Eero Pro
Now letâ€™s finally go and have a look at the devices which are, Google Wi-Fi and Eero pro and discuss their pros and cons, and then finally select a winner. So letâ€™s go.
1. Google Wi-Fi
Google Wi-Fi is a Mesh Wi-Fi system. It provides smooth and strong Wi-Fi reach to every corner of the house. Google Wi-Fi is based on Googleâ€™s Mesh technology. Its settings can be changed and controlled through the Google Wi-Fi application which is available for both, iOS and Android.
The app allows you to see how many devices are connected to the network, prioritize any device or pause the connection for some devices. Now letâ€™s talk about the pros and cons of Google Wi-Fi, starting with the pros.
1. Pros of Google Wi-Fi
- It is easy to use and provides information at your fingertips. Almost everything can be controlled on phone through the app provided by Google.
- You can check how many devices are connected to your network. You can prioritize any device or pause the network if you want to.
- Google Wi-Fi has a strong and smooth Wi-Fi coverage across your house. This the job itâ€™s supposed to do is delivered brilliantly.
- Free site filter is another thing that Google Wi-Fi provides. It basically blocks all the adult websites and prevents them from reaching you.
- It provides full control over the activities with live results.
- When it comes to design, Google Wi-Fi takes an upper hand with a beautiful matte white finish, which avoids fingerprints. It also has a nightlight.
- Google Wi-Fi comes with 4GB of flash memory.
2. Cons of Google Wi-Fi
- Setting up Google Wi-Fi can be a cause of headaches at times. It jumps directly to the installation process without informing when to plug in the router.
- Google Wi-Fi can be slow at times. Itâ€™s not the case where it is slower than eero pros. Both provide good speed but Google Wi-Fi is a bit less consistent.
- Less coverage than eero pro. It covers 4500 square feet, while eero pro covers around 5000 square feet.
These were the pros and cons of Google Wi-Fi. Now letâ€™s go and check details about Amazonâ€™s eero pro.
2. Amazonâ€™s Eero Pro
Eero pro is a mesh Wi-Fi system provided by Amazon. Itâ€™s a Tri-band mesh Wi-Fi system which means, it can accommodate more devices on a single network. Itâ€™s easy to use and also provides extra security. It provides great coverage with strong and smooth Wi-Fi consistently all over the house. It comes in a small and sleek design.
1. Pros of Amazonâ€™s Eero Pro
- Eero is one of the easiest devices to install. The Eero application takes you through the whole installation process and at the same time provides tricks and strategies to you. You can do the set up within minutes with its help, even if you donâ€™t have the skill to do the job.
- Eero is one of the fastest and most stable networks in the list of mesh Wi-Fi devices.
- Everything you want to do is just a tap away. Eero provides some of the advanced features in the Wi-Fi app which makes it easy to use.
- Eero provides coverage of 5000 square feet while Google Wi-Fi provides just 4500 square feet.
2. Cons of Amazonâ€™s Eero pro
- Eero pro is not a reliable device when it comes to heavy tasking.
- One of the biggest con of Eero pro is that it charges an extra $ 2.99 for Eero secure for providing features that Google Wi-Fi provides for free.
- It has a glossy finish which can be a fingerprint magnet.
These were the pros and cons of Amazonâ€™s Eero Pro.
Both are brilliant devices in their category. There are some pros and cons and according to your needs, you can select one of the above as the winner of Google Wi-Fi vs Amazonâ€™s Eero pro fight. But considering the facts given above, Amazonâ€™s Eero ProÂ comes out of the fight as a winner. The work of the Mesh Wi-Fi system is to provide strong and smooth coverage in a larger area. Although the competition was neck and neck, still Eero pro won with a few points.